- Filming Orchids with the Panasonic DMC FZ200 and FZ300 Cameras is a short video illustrating some of the advantages of using these cameras.
- They have a good depth of field which allows you to focus on tiny orchid flowers using the macro setting.
- I have found the lightweight Slik Sprint Pro II tripod very useful. Of special importance is you can focus on a flower take a short video and easily remove the camera to view how it looks and put it back without altering its position.
- For very tight areas the tiny AMBICO tripod works well.
- By using f 2.8 the orchid flowers can stand out from the background.
- With their regular batteries these cameras will run 1.5 to 2 hours in the video mode.
- Using a Juicebox DSLR Power battery and a Bescor Coupler & AC Adapter Kit for Sigma fp & Select Panasonic Cameras should allow these cameras to run in the video mode for many hours.
- For information about these cameras look at An Evaluation of the Panasonic FZ-200 and FZ-300 Camera
- For information about orchids in Southeast Alaska look at Native Orchids of Southeast Alaska the book updated by Marlin Bowles & Bob Armstrong
- For information about the value of fungus gnats for pollinating some orchids look at /sites/default/files/mcx196.pdf
These videos are free to use for educational purposes. To download them click on vimeo on the bottom right. To view them full screen click on the symbol next to the HD at the bottom. The bullets can be copied and pasted into a word document.